Thursday, April 23, 2009

Associating with Nonchristians

There are so many different people in college that you can find someone with the same likes as you. One thing that brings a lot of students together is their religion, this can be a great thing and it can also be somewhat of a bad thing. When you only associate or befriend people that are religious like you, you shut off the rest of the world and become narrow minded. I'm not saying that you should ditch all your Christian friends, I am saying that you should branch out a little and get to know others.

When you think about it, if you go on mission trips, you are befriending nonchristians. One thing that can come out of befriending nonchristians is that you can be a witness to them and help them come to know Christ. Having nonchristian friends in college is kind of like being on a mission trip all the time. By you being their friend, you are showing God's love.

It's important to stay on track with your relationship with God so that you do not fall into temptations that you may face while being friends with others. In order to stay on track, it is vital that you stay connected with your Christian friends so that you do not fall and they can keep you accountable. You can also turn to them about some issues that may come up with your nonchristian friends and get advice about how to bring up the issue and how to deal with it.

I am friends with some nonchristians and it has not had a negative impact on my relationship with my Christian friends or on my relationship with God. If anything it has made it stronger because I want to make sure that I do not fall off track. I also want to be prepared for the time that my friend will want to change their life and have a relationship with God. I want to have the answers to their questions and to be a positive influence on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment