Friday, May 8, 2009

Honoring God with Thinking About Future Jobs

You've heard me talk about the stress of figuring out what you want to do in life and what you feel like God has planned for your future. Most Christians who go to college, feel like they are supposed to get a job that is related to religion, whether it is being a YoungLife leader, a pastor/preacher, or some other leadership role in the church. God did not design for all of us to be involved in a church related job. His main goal for us is that we show His glory and love to all through the way we live our lives. Don't think that because you won't have a job in the ministry, that you are in someway disobeying God.

I am wanting to be a dentist and the last time I checked, that doesn't have anything to do with the church. What I want to do is when I become an established dentist, I would like to go on mission trips with Doctors Without Borders, or with something called the Mercy Ship. Through these actions, I will glorify God and show His love to others.

If your future job doesn't deal with the church directly, there are other ways to spread His love, you could go on mission trips or get involved with your church home. Your workplace is another opportunity to share your faith with your patients. I guess what I am trying to tell you is that you do not have to have a job in a leadership position in church to be effective at sharing God's love and glory to others. God has a plan for you, so trust in Him and you will glorify Him in your future job.

No comments:

Post a Comment