Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Future

It is thought that when you come to college, you are supposed to have a major picked and know what you want to do with your life when you graduate from college. This is not true, I have many friends who came to college as general studies students.

I came to college as a biology major wanting to go to dental school to become a dentist. I still want to do those things, but as the date to take my entrance exam to dental school, thoughts race through my head. If I do not get into dental school, I do not know what I am going to do, I have wanted to be a dentist since the 7th grade. I can not picture doing anything else than dentistry. Obviously, I am stressing about my future. One of my friends is helping me realize that my future is not in my hands, it is in God's hands and He has a plan for my life. I know deep down that it will all work out, but its the not knowing that is stressing me out.

I know many of you are in the same boat as me and the only adavice I can give you is what my friend has shared with me. Do not stress about grades, classes, and your future, God is all powerful and He has is under control. He knows what you will be doing five years from now. If you believe and pray about it, He will reveal His plan for you. Just take it one day at a time and know that something greater than us is in power over our lives.

Here are some links to verses talking about your future: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=30&chapter=29&verse=10&end_verse=12&version=31&context=context

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=22&chapter=8&verse=6&end_verse=8&version=31&context=context

No comments:

Post a Comment